Privacy and Data Security Policy
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy and personal data that we hold of our members. In compliance with the UK General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (GDPR) this document sets out how we use and safeguard your personal information and your rights in relation to it. For the purposes of GDPR compliance, the BarelyClubhouse Administrators are the Data Controllers in this matter.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, approximate geographical location, browser type, operating system, referral source, length of visit and number of page views);
- Information relating to any exchange carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including any personal information you provide during the online application for new membership and any subsequent information that you may pass to us.
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
HOW SECURE IS THE INFORMATION THAT YOU GIVE US?
We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of the personal data that we have stored on our server.
- Your data is stored on secured servers within the UK and we will not transfer your data outside the UK without your consent.
- We have implemented high industry-standard protection from brute-force attacks employed to gain access to our website’s private pages.
- We have implemented high industry-standard technology and operational security in order to protect personal data from loss, misuse, or unauthorised alteration or destruction.
- We have implemented generally accepted standards of data protection to prevent Search Engines from indexing our website and your personal data.
- The UK hosting company that provides our servers is fully compliant with the requirements of UK GDPR and Data Protection.
- We have implemented an encryption protocol (SSL) to encrypt communications and keep secure the data we exchange between our server and yourself.
- We will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of your personal data which might expose you to serious risk.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We will not disclose to, sell to or share your information to any external or third party, with the following exceptions:
- To the extent that we are required to do so under English law.
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings established by UK Statutory bodies
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to UK Statutory bodies for the purposes of fraud prevention).
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
- We will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as you are a member of the BarelyClubhouse and for as long afterwards as it is in the our legitimate interest to do so or for as long as is necessary to comply with our current legal obligations; for the purposes of our legitimate interests in operating the site/forum; and in order to be able to comply with future legal obligations e.g. to exercise or defend any subsequent legal claims.
- We will review your personal data every 6 months to establish whether we are still entitled to process it.
We never set Cookies which store or transmit any personal information which you have given to the BarelyClubhouse We use two types of Cookie on the BarelyClubhouse.
- Temporary Cookies which our web server needs to enable you to navigate the website. These Cookies are deleted from your computer when you leave the site and/or close your web browser window.
- Persistent Cookies which automatically expire after a short but set period of time. These are set as you log in and will contain information that will authenticate you as a BarelyClubhouse member and store any preferences you may have set while visiting the website.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
You have rights under the GDPR including:
- You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information
- You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
You have the right to take any complaints about how we process your personal data to the Information Commissioner:
Address: Information Commissioner's Office Wycliffe House. Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF | Telephone: 0303 123 1113
FURTHER INFORMATION/CONTACTING US
Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices or the information we hold about you to our Data Controller via email@example.com